Posted: May 1, 2019
Closed: May 20, 2019
OPL #04-2019 Public Services Clerk – 2 Part-Time Permanent Positions
Under the direction of the Manager, Service Excellence and Manager, Northview & Jess Hann Branch. This position provides pro-active customer and information service.
Classification: PT Public Service Clerk – Band 1 - Hourly Rate $25.38
Reports to: Manager, Service Excellence & Manager, Northview & Jess Hann Branch
Hours: Up to 25 hours per week. This position requires the employee to regularly work evenings and weekends.
General Description of Duties:
- Provides pro-active circulation, information and customer service to Library customers.
- Provide excellent customer service at service points.
- May assist with planning and the delivery of library programs.
- Assists with collection maintenance.
- May assist with displays.
- May assist with holds procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is required to take every reasonable precaution in the circumstances for the protection of the health and safety of the worker.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong Customer Service ethic.
- Technological competency, including proficiency with circulation and office software.
- Familiarly with technology and social media used by the public.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to provide courteous, efficient and effective service to the public.
Physical Skills and Working Conditions:
This position requires keyboarding, handling of books & materials, pushing/pulling trucks, physical set up of programs, packing and unpacking boxes, working at services points and dealing with difficult customer behaviour.
Required Qualifications & Education:
Secondary School Diploma plus one year of relevant work experience. A Criminal Record Check is required. CPR/First Aid certification is required.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a current resume to email@example.com quoting job # OPL 04-2019. Only applicants who meet the required qualifications will be interviewed.
The Oshawa Public Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The Oshawa Public Libraries will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Oshawa Public Library hires students for part-time work on evenings and weekends. If you are an interested student, please complete the Student Page Application Form or email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student résumés are kept on file for six months from the date received.