Notice: Library Closure
Library Closure/Disruption of Services
Updated May 19, 2020
Oshawa Public Libraries will soon be offering pick-up services and the ability to return library materials.
Specific details about the services, exact start date, and how the library is ensuring the safety of staff and customers are being finalized.
We’re working on it! Please keep an eye on our website and social media for more information.
Get Library updates straight to your inbox. Visit oshlib.ca/enews to register.
For the shared health of our staff, customers, and community, all branches of Oshawa Public Libraries are currently closed until further notice. This information will be updated regularly as needed.
Please note that:
- There will be no overdue fines or late fines during the closure.
- Please do NOT return items through the book drops which are locked. You will be responsible for any damaged or lost items left outside the Library.
- All Library programs, events, and room bookings have been cancelled.
- All Tax Clinic appointments during the closure are cancelled and we are not booking any new appointments at this time.
- You can explore our online resources, ebooks and audiobooks, unlimited music streaming, TV series, movies, research and learning tools and so much more through Oshawa Public Libraries website.
- Don’t have a library card? Visit http://oshlib.ca/onlinereg to sign up for a new online membership today!
Oshawa Public Libraries continues to regularly monitor Durham Region Health Department communications. Should the situation change in Oshawa, further updates and responses will be made available on our website to ensure we are keeping you informed.
For the most current information on COVID-19 in our area and for what you can do to be proactive, how to protect yourself and to help stop the spread of germs, visit the Durham Region Health Department’s Novel Coronavirus page
For current information about COVID-19 in Canada, visit Health Canada’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page
For COVID-19 information around the world, visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page