Notice: Library Closure
Library Closure/Disruption of Services
Updated March 18
For the shared health of our staff, customers, and community, all branches of Oshawa Public Libraries will be closed until April 5 inclusive. This information will be updated regularly as needed.
Please note that:
- Current items on loan have been automatically renewed until April 17th and will not be subject to overdue fines until after April 17th.
- The external book drops at the Jess Hann, Northview, and Delpark Homes Centre branches will be closed as of Tuesday, March 17 at 5 PM.
- The external book drop at the McLaughlin Branch will be closed as of 5 PM on Wednesday, March 18.
- Please do NOT return items through the book drops which are locked. You will be responsible for any damaged or lost items left outside the Library.
- Pick up dates for library items on reserve (holds) that are currently awaiting pickup have been extended to April 17th.
- All Library programs, events, and room bookings have been cancelled.
- All Tax Clinic appointments during the closure are cancelled and will be rescheduled based on availability.
- You can explore our online resources, ebooks and audiobooks, unlimited music streaming, TV series, movies, research and learning tools and so much more through Oshawa Public Libraries website.
- Don’t have a library card? Visit http://oshlib.ca/onlinereg to sign up for a new online membership today!
Oshawa Public Libraries continues to regularly monitor Durham Region Health Department communications. Should the situation change in Oshawa, further updates and responses will be made available on our website to ensure we are keeping you informed.
For the most current information on COVID-19 in our area and for what you can do to be proactive, For current information about COVID-19, how to protect yourself and to help stop the spread of germs, visit the Durham Region Health Department’s Novel Coronavirus page
For current information about COVID-19 in Canada, visit Health Canada’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page
For COVID-19 information around the world, visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page