1000 Books Before Kindergarten
1000 Books before Kindergarten is fun, easy and free!
Read a book – any book to your newborn, infant, and/or toddler. The goal is to read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your child starts Kindergarten. Supporting materials, fun books, incentives, tracking sheets and more are available through the Library. Help your little one develop a love of reading and the early literacy skills needed for success.
How to participate:
- Register now on READsquared or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log each book that you and your child read together. Track your progress on READsquared or with tracking sheets.
- For each 100 book milestone, you will receive either:
- A READsquared digital badge or
- A milestone certificate. To receive it: email email@example.com or visit the Library.
- When you have read 1000 books you earn a completion certificate and a prize!
It’s so easy! 1000 books may seem like a lot, but if you read just one book a night, you’ll meet your goal in less than 3 years. If you read three books a night, you could reach your goal in 1 year!
- ReadSquared App
- Tracking Sheets: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000!
- Reserve a 1000BBK Book Bundle
- Questions? Email or call our friendly staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 579-6111 extension 5279. We are here to help!